Having media that’s based on giving compliments or profiling, has made giving a girl a compliment a whole lot more difficult.
Girls want to be beautiful and they want to be reminded they are.
But when does a compliment go wrong?
Often men compliment a particular feature of a girl they like. The issue, however, arises when the compliment taints a woman’s worth or it then becomes a woman.
Living in a world of social media makes it that much harder for girls to be anything but their photos or their appearance (and yes, it goes both ways)
Giving someone a compliment is inevitable. Guy looks at girl or girl looks at guy and our first response is to judge them by their appearance. And that’s okay! Giving a compliment is okay.
However, if a compliment comes with an intention or a sexualising statement, the compliment instantly becomes an insult or a downgrading comment.
So, how do you give a compliment?
- Don’t make your compliment your only approach. Drop a pen in front of her if you have to.
- Give your compliment later down the conversation. Nothing’s better than receiving a compliment from someone that know’s why you’re out or dressed up.
- Don’t be surprised if your tops drenched with alcohol, particularly if you have an opening line mentioning someone’s ASSet. Then again, who knows, maybe you save having a whole conversation and your pickup’s successful. But don’t you love your clean white top (that you’ve other brought or ironed to look half decent) enough to not risk it?
- Let us know your intentions. If you’re just giving someone a compliment, say it’s just a simple compliment and a girls response will be that more delightful. She may even continue the conversation.
- Compliment us as a whole. Let us know our 2-hour process of getting ready was worth it.
Nothing is better than receiving a compliment from someone that’s uplifting or makes you feel beautiful or ‘sexy’.
In saying that however, nothing is worse than feeling like a certain part of your appearance is the only noticeable thing about you.
It’s not just a statement to a girl.
In some cases even, girls might reinforce that part of themselves because they don’t see otherwise.
To all the guys trying to pick up, use your words wisely because giving a girl the right compliment might be the key to your successful pickup. Good luck!